Boeing (BA), SWISS Affirm Order for Additional 777-800ER
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) confirmed a new order for one 777-300ER (Extended Range), valued at $339.6 million at list prices. The Swiss airline had previously ordered nine 777s and taken delivery of six this year as it continues to establish the 777-300ER as its flagship.
"The 777-300ER will be the backbone of our long-haul fleet for many years to come," said Peter Wojahn, Chief Technical Officer, Swiss International Air Lines. "As one of the largest operators of the 777-300ER in Europe we can offer our passengers unrivalled frequency and passenger comfort to a number of intercontinental markets thanks to this super-efficient long-haul aircraft."
The 777-300ER is the most fuel and cost-efficient airplane in its class as well as the most reliable twin-aisle aircraft in the world. It also has the highest cargo capability of any passenger airplane.
"We value the continued confidence SWISS places in the 777 program and are honored that the 777-300ER will to play prominent role in the airline's expansion plans," said Monty Oliver, Vice President, European Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
The 777-300ER has consistently won many accolades including "Best Aircraft Type" based on passenger preference polls, "Best in Class" based on fuel burn, passenger load cost and performance and "Best Residual Value for a Twin Aisle Airplane" among others.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Boeing (BA) CEO arrives at Trump Tower for meeting - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) PT Raised to $175 at Barclays
- BAE Systems’ Digital Light Engine Technology to Illuminate F-22 Head-up Display
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!