Blue Bird Corporation (BLBD) Begins Shipping All-New Gasoline-Powered Bus
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Blue Bird Corporation (Nasdaq: BLBD), the leading independent designer and manufacturer of school buses, announced today that it has begun shipping its all-new, gasoline-powered Type C buses to customers and over 400 of these buses will be sold prior to its fiscal year end in September. The Company was able to achieve this important milestone due to outstanding support from its partnership with Ford Motor Company and Roush CleanTech.
Deliveries in fiscal year 2016 are approximately 300 units below the Company’s original volume goal, as was previously noted during the Company’s third quarter earnings conference call. The lower number of deliveries was largely the result of later-than-planned engine certification and delivery timing, which was after the critical school start window of August through mid-September.
“Both Blue Bird and our customers are very excited about our all-new, gasoline-powered Type C school bus," said Phil Horlock, president and CEO of Blue Bird Corporation. "This bus has the lowest acquisition price compared with other fuel types, while requiring simpler maintenance and providing outstanding cold weather performance. The proven and modern 320 HP 6.8 liter V10 engine delivers outstanding performance and is another great example of our goal to provide innovative, affordable and differentiated products that customers want and value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Exclusive: HSBC cutting around 100 senior banking jobs globally - sources
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!