Blue Bird Corporation (BLBD) Begins Shipping All-New Gasoline-Powered Bus
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Blue Bird Corporation (Nasdaq: BLBD), the leading independent designer and manufacturer of school buses, announced today that it has begun shipping its all-new, gasoline-powered Type C buses to customers and over 400 of these buses will be sold prior to its fiscal year end in September. The Company was able to achieve this important milestone due to outstanding support from its partnership with Ford Motor Company and Roush CleanTech.
Deliveries in fiscal year 2016 are approximately 300 units below the Company’s original volume goal, as was previously noted during the Company’s third quarter earnings conference call. The lower number of deliveries was largely the result of later-than-planned engine certification and delivery timing, which was after the critical school start window of August through mid-September.
“Both Blue Bird and our customers are very excited about our all-new, gasoline-powered Type C school bus," said Phil Horlock, president and CEO of Blue Bird Corporation. "This bus has the lowest acquisition price compared with other fuel types, while requiring simpler maintenance and providing outstanding cold weather performance. The proven and modern 320 HP 6.8 liter V10 engine delivers outstanding performance and is another great example of our goal to provide innovative, affordable and differentiated products that customers want and value.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Felcor Lodging Trust (FCH) Receives Letter from Snow Park Capital; Calls for Evaluation of Strategic Alternatives
- Community Health Systems (CYH) Prelim. Q3 Results Fall Short of Consensus
- Pinnacle Foods (PF) Names New Corp. Development SVP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!