Biogen (BIIB) to Test Anavex Life Sciences (AVXL) Lead Drug Candidate ANAVEX 2-73
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (Nasdaq: AVXL) signed a material transfer agreement with Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) under which Biogen will test Anavex’s lead drug candidate, ANAVEX 2-73 in an oligodendrocyte precursor cell (OPC) differentiation assay. A satisfactory result from the OPC assay study may lead to an in vivo remyelination study using a chemical demyelination model.
“Battling demyelinating diseases such as multiple sclerosis requires an understanding of the processes that cause remyelination to fail. Remyelination of demyelinated axons is typically a function of oligodendrocyte precursor cells. These studies will examine the therapeutic role ANAVEX 2-73 may play in permitting remyelination in the brain,” said Christopher U. Missling, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer of Anavex.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anavex Life Sciences (AVXL) Receives 600K Grant to Commence Phase 2 Trial in 2017
- Anavex Life Sciences Receives Grant From Rettsyndrome.org to Commence U.S. Phase 2 Trial in 2017
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!