Biocept (BIOC) Enters New Liquid Biopsy Testing Collaboration
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Biocept, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIOC) announces a research collaboration with Shilpa Gupta, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in the Hematology Oncology and Transplantation Division of the University of Minnesota to observe the utility of Biocept's patented Target Selector™ liquid biopsy technology platform using circulating tumor cells (CTCs) to detect the expression of PD-L1 and androgen receptor (AR) in patients diagnosed with bladder and prostate cancers. The study will be conducted at the University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center. PD-L1 is expressed in multiple cancer types and its status is required to qualify patients for certain immuno-oncology therapeutics. AR expression is prevalent in patients with advanced prostate cancer.
"We are delighted to be working with Dr. Gupta, who is internationally recognized as the principal investigator for several high-impact clinical trials with novel targeted therapeutics and immunotherapy agents for patients with bladder and prostate cancers," said Veena Singh, MD, Biocept's Senior Vice President and Senior Medical Director. "Dr. Gupta has been an active speaker at national and international forums discussing the role of novel therapeutics for personalized medicine in prostate cancer."
Dr. Gupta added, "Tissue sample collection and cystoscopy are the standard methods for detecting bladder and prostate cancers, and these methods are invasive and can be expensive. Biocept's liquid biopsy tests have shown high concordance with tissue biopsies in detecting genetic mutations associated with multiple cancers, and this study is aimed at providing additional clinical support for the use of these tests specifically in bladder and prostate cancers."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biocept (BIOC) Announces Presentation of Positive Target-Selector Data in NSCLC at 2016 ESMO
- Kandi Electric Vehicles Group (KNDI), Shanxi Coal Enter Strategic Cooperation Agreement
- Allergan (AGN) Affirms Receipt of FDA Committee Backing for Desmopressin Nasal Spray NDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!