BioTime (BTX) Affirms Announcement of Positive AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a Data (AST)
- Wall Street flat as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BioTime, Inc. (NYSE: BTX) announced that its affiliate, Asterias Biotherapeutics, announced positive interim efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a clinical study in patients with complete cervical spinal cord injuries at the 55th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS) on September 14, 2016.
For additional information on the data, please see the ISCoS conference presentation on Asterias’ website at: http://asteriasbiotherapeutics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Wirth-ISCoS-14SEP2016-talk-FINAL.pdf as well as: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7924251-asterias-ast-opc1-spinal-cord-injury/?tc=eml_cleartime
“The positive efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR study reinforces our belief in the unique regenerative potential of pluripotent stem cell-derived therapeutics. An additional example is OpRegen®, which is in a Phase 1/2a study for treating dry-AMD. These and other products in our pipeline have the potential to be first-in-class products addressing the large unmet needs associated with degenerative disease,” said Michael D. West, Ph.D., BioTime’s Co-Chief Executive Officer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AbbVie (ABBV) Announces FDA Approval for IMBRUVICA to Treat Specifically Indicated for R/R MZL
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Announces Jack Wood and Royce Caldwell to Leave Board of Directors
- PPG Industries (PPG) Names Vincent Morales to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!