BioTime (BTX) Affirms Announcement of Positive AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a Data (AST)
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BioTime, Inc. (NYSE: BTX) announced that its affiliate, Asterias Biotherapeutics, announced positive interim efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a clinical study in patients with complete cervical spinal cord injuries at the 55th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS) on September 14, 2016.
For additional information on the data, please see the ISCoS conference presentation on Asterias’ website at: http://asteriasbiotherapeutics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Wirth-ISCoS-14SEP2016-talk-FINAL.pdf as well as: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7924251-asterias-ast-opc1-spinal-cord-injury/?tc=eml_cleartime
“The positive efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR study reinforces our belief in the unique regenerative potential of pluripotent stem cell-derived therapeutics. An additional example is OpRegen®, which is in a Phase 1/2a study for treating dry-AMD. These and other products in our pipeline have the potential to be first-in-class products addressing the large unmet needs associated with degenerative disease,” said Michael D. West, Ph.D., BioTime’s Co-Chief Executive Officer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces Erenumab Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in Migraine Prevention
- Aegerion Pharma (AEGR) Announces Approval of Juxtapid in Japan as HoFH Treatment
- DTE Energy (DTE) Taps Fiat Chrysler's Buk as CIO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!