BioTime (BTX) Affirms Announcement of Positive AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a Data (AST)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BioTime, Inc. (NYSE: BTX) announced that its affiliate, Asterias Biotherapeutics, announced positive interim efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a clinical study in patients with complete cervical spinal cord injuries at the 55th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS) on September 14, 2016.
For additional information on the data, please see the ISCoS conference presentation on Asterias’ website at: http://asteriasbiotherapeutics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Wirth-ISCoS-14SEP2016-talk-FINAL.pdf as well as: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7924251-asterias-ast-opc1-spinal-cord-injury/?tc=eml_cleartime
“The positive efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR study reinforces our belief in the unique regenerative potential of pluripotent stem cell-derived therapeutics. An additional example is OpRegen®, which is in a Phase 1/2a study for treating dry-AMD. These and other products in our pipeline have the potential to be first-in-class products addressing the large unmet needs associated with degenerative disease,” said Michael D. West, Ph.D., BioTime’s Co-Chief Executive Officer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!