BioTime (BTX) Affirms Announcement of Positive AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a Data (AST)
- Wall Street set to open slightly lower
- U.S. economy less sluggish in second quarter; companies investing more
- Pepsi (PEP) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/29: (AEGR) (ARWR) (EBAY) Higher; (ITCI) (ADHD) (FIT) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BioTime, Inc. (NYSE: BTX) announced that its affiliate, Asterias Biotherapeutics, announced positive interim efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR Phase 1/2a clinical study in patients with complete cervical spinal cord injuries at the 55th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS) on September 14, 2016.
For additional information on the data, please see the ISCoS conference presentation on Asterias’ website at: http://asteriasbiotherapeutics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Wirth-ISCoS-14SEP2016-talk-FINAL.pdf as well as: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7924251-asterias-ast-opc1-spinal-cord-injury/?tc=eml_cleartime
“The positive efficacy data from the AST-OPC1 SCiSTAR study reinforces our belief in the unique regenerative potential of pluripotent stem cell-derived therapeutics. An additional example is OpRegen®, which is in a Phase 1/2a study for treating dry-AMD. These and other products in our pipeline have the potential to be first-in-class products addressing the large unmet needs associated with degenerative disease,” said Michael D. West, Ph.D., BioTime’s Co-Chief Executive Officer.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN), Arrowhead Pharma (ARWR) Enter Two Cardiovascular-Focused License, Collaboration Agreements
- iBio, Inc. (IBIO) Achieves First Milestone in Collaboration with AzarGen Biotechnologies
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) to Present Interim Data for Wnt Inhibitors at ESMO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!