BioLife Solutions (BLFS) Says CryoStor Freeze Media Integrated in Invossa Manufacturing Process
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BioLife Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLFS) announced that its clinical grade CryoStor freeze media has been incorporated into the manufacturing process for Invossa, a cell-mediated gene therapy for knee osteoarthritis to be marketed by Kolon Life Science.
The Kolon Group subsidiary filed as of July 8 a biologics license application (BLA) for Invossa with the Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. According to Kolon, Invossa is the world's first cell-mediated gene therapy for osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease affecting more than 150 million people. The product was developed by US-based TissueGene, Inc. as "TissueGene-C" and is administered via intra-articular injection without the need for anesthesia or surgical intervention. The therapy has demonstrated effectiveness in providing pain and symptomatic relief as well as in delaying the disease's structural progression.
Mike Rice, BioLife President & CEO, remarked, "Kolon's BLA submission seeking approval to market Invossa in Korea is encouraging news for millions of patients suffering from osteoarthritis. We are very pleased that TissueGene and Kolon have selected CryoStor as the best in class biopreservation media for commercializing Invossa. CryoStor and HypoThermosol®, our cell and tissue storage and shipping media, are now incorporated into more than 220 pre-clinical validations and clinical trials of cell-based therapies, targeting blood cancers, solid tumors, vision loss, heart disease, stroke, and movement disorders such as osteoarthritis. We look forward to progress by Kolon and other customers in gaining regulatory approvals to commence commercial manufacturing of these life-changing and life-saving cell therapies."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Allergan (AGN) Updates on ASR Program; ~$8B of Shares Received, Retired in Nov.
- Turquoise Hill (TRQ) Announces Suspension of Concrete Shipments to Chinese Border by Oyu Tolgoi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!