BioLife Solutions (BLFS), Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (BLCM) Enter CryoStor Supply Agreement
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BioLife Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLFS) announced that it has entered into a ten year supply agreement with Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, a leading developer of cellular immunotherapies for cancers and orphan inherited blood disorders.
BioLife's CryoStor clinical grade cell freeze media is incorporated into Bellicum's manufacturing process for several cellular immunotherapies targeting blood cancers and solid tumors.
Mike Rice, BioLife President & CEO, commented, "We are pleased to support Bellicum with this long term supply agreement, which underscores the value and utility of our biopreservation media products in the high growth cell therapy industry. The last half of 2016 and 2017 will be very exciting and encouraging for cancer patients, our customers, and BioLife shareholders. Several customers' cellular immunotherapies continue to progress through late stage clinical trials and the BLA submission and regulatory approval process. As these customers obtain regulatory approvals and commence commercial scale manufacturing, we expect significantly increased demand for CryoStor and HypoThermosol®, our best in class biopreservation media products."
BioLife management estimates that CryoStor and HypoThermosol, BioLife's cell and tissue storage and shipping media, are incorporated into more than 220 pre-clinical validation projects and clinical trials of cell-based therapies targeting blood cancers, solid tumors, vision loss, heart disease, stroke, and movement disorders such as osteoarthritis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
- SolarCity (SCTY), Balfour Beatty Communities Near Completion of 7-MW Installation at USAF Family Housing Facilities
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces Positive Longer-Term ORKAMBI + KALYDECO Data in CF Progression Modification
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!