BioDelivery Sciences' (BDSI) BUNAVAIL Added to Texas Medicaid Formulary
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (Nasdaq: BDSI) announced the addition of BUNAVAIL (buprenorphine and naloxone) buccal film (CIII) as a preferred drug to the Texas Medicaid formulary from its previous non-formulary status. Suboxone film will share preferred status with BUNAVAIL. The formulary change goes into effect on January 1, 2017.
The Texas Medicaid contract is the sixth managed care contract announced by BDSI since July and demonstrates the progress BDSI is making with payers. BDSI anticipates realizing the initial impact on BUNAVAIL prescriptions from these contracts as the fourth quarter of 2016 progresses, and more prominently in early 2017 following the January 1 implementation of the new Texas Medicaid contract as well as two other important contracts, both of which place BUNAVAIL in a favorable position where it will be one of two products made available. One contract is of particular importance since it will provide BUNAVAIL preferred status while moving Suboxone film to non-preferred status.
Improving current and securing new managed care contracts remains central to the future growth of BUNAVAIL and placing BUNAVAIL on a path to potential product profitability, which, as previously reported, is targeted by the end of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonic Corp (SONC) Elects Steven Davis to Board of Directors
- Allergan (AGN) Announces FDA Approval Of RHOFADE Cream to Treat Redness Associated with Rosacea
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!