BioCryst Pharma (BCRX) Does First Patient in BCX7353 APeX-1 Study
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: BCRX) announced that it has dosed the first subject in the APeX-1 clinical trial of BCX7353 for the oral treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
“We are very pleased that the adaptively-designed APeX-1 trial is now under way, and look forward to reporting Part 1 results around the end of 2016,” said William P Sheridan, SVP & Chief Medical Officer at BioCryst. “Results of the phase 1 study of ’7353 support its potential to provide a normal life to HAE patients as a once-daily oral treatment by increasing kallikrein inhibition to normal levels.”
APeX-1 is a two part, Phase 2, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose ranging trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and efficacy of BCX7353 as a preventative treatment to eliminate or reduce the frequency of angioedema attacks in HAE patients. Up to approximately 50 eligible subjects with HAE will be enrolled in the study.
“The APeX-1 trial is an exciting opportunity for the HAE patient community.” said Dr. Emel Aygören-Pürsün, M.D., Head of Angioedema Clinic, Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt/Main Pediatric Clinic, Frankfurt, Germany, and Principal Investigator for APeX-1. “The value of an effective & well tolerated oral preventive treatment for HAE patients cannot be overestimated."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Iron Mountain (IRM) Received Requisite Approval to Sell C21 Data Services Ltd
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Announces Court Approval Of Restructuring and Recap Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!