BioCryst Pharma (BCRX) Does First Patient in BCX7353 APeX-1 Study
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: BCRX) announced that it has dosed the first subject in the APeX-1 clinical trial of BCX7353 for the oral treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
“We are very pleased that the adaptively-designed APeX-1 trial is now under way, and look forward to reporting Part 1 results around the end of 2016,” said William P Sheridan, SVP & Chief Medical Officer at BioCryst. “Results of the phase 1 study of ’7353 support its potential to provide a normal life to HAE patients as a once-daily oral treatment by increasing kallikrein inhibition to normal levels.”
APeX-1 is a two part, Phase 2, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose ranging trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and efficacy of BCX7353 as a preventative treatment to eliminate or reduce the frequency of angioedema attacks in HAE patients. Up to approximately 50 eligible subjects with HAE will be enrolled in the study.
“The APeX-1 trial is an exciting opportunity for the HAE patient community.” said Dr. Emel Aygören-Pürsün, M.D., Head of Angioedema Clinic, Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt/Main Pediatric Clinic, Frankfurt, Germany, and Principal Investigator for APeX-1. “The value of an effective & well tolerated oral preventive treatment for HAE patients cannot be overestimated."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GlobalStar (GSAT) Announces Departure of COO David Kagan
- First Internet Bancorp (INBK) Names Nicole Lorch as COO
- Merus N.V. (MRUS) Enters Strategic Research Collaboration with Incyte (INCY); Includes Upfront Payment of $120M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!