BioAmber (BIOA) Joint Venture with Mitsui Reaches Key Operating Milestone
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BioAmber Inc. (NYSE: BIOA) announced today that its joint venture with Mitsui & Co. has achieved the final operational milestone set out in a CAD$20 million commercial loan that the joint venture drew down in 2015. BioAmber Sarnia demonstrated performance levels validating commercial operation, as defined in its loan agreement with Comerica Bank, Export Development Canada (EDC) and Farm Credit Canada (FCC).
The performance indicators for the Sarnia manufacturing facility included the overall efficiency of BioAmber's proprietary biotechnology in fermentation, the plant's throughput and output in continuous operation, and the quality of the final product. This milestone is further evidence that the Sarnia plant is operating well, as recently disclosed in BioAmber's Q2 2016 operating results.
BioAmber Sarnia has also demonstrated the performance targets that Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) had originally set for the project. These include targets related to greenhouse gas emissions and financial performance. SDTC has completed its third-party validation of Sarnia's performance and approved the final grant payment of CAD$1.45 million to BioAmber.
"Our lenders had set out rigorous performance criteria for the Sarnia facility and achieving these milestones is independent validation of how well our plant is operating," said Fabrice Orecchioni, BioAmber's Chief Operating Officer. "Our facility is the world's largest succinic acid plant and our variable costs are competitive with petro-succinic acid at current oil prices. With Sarnia up and running, BioAmber has established itself as a global leader in renewable chemicals," he added.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!