Bio-Rad (BIO) to Commercialize Genetic Analysis's GA-map Technology for the Detection of Gut Dysbiosis
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Genetic Analysis (GA) and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., a global provider of life science research and clinical diagnostic products, today announced that they have signed an agreement in which Genetic Analysis will receive an equity investment from Bio-Rad (NYSE: BIO) in exchange for commercialization rights, in certain territories, for Genetic Analysis’s GA-map™ technology to detect gut dysbiosis. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The patented GA-map™ technology is used as an aide in the diagnosis and management of irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dysbiosis is a microbial imbalance or maladaptation on or inside the body and is most commonly reported as a condition in the digestive tract. It has been associated with illnesses, such as inflammatory bowel disease and other chronic diseases.
“We are delighted to be linking up with Bio-Rad, a major force for innovation in in vitro diagnostic testing,” said Ronny Hermansen, CEO of Genetic Analysis. “We believe that this collaboration will accelerate the penetration of the GA tests into routine healthcare as the importance of the microbiome in major diseases becomes increasingly recognised.”
“We welcome the opportunity to partner with Genetic Analysis,” said Norman Schwartz, Bio-Rad President and CEO. “With the GA-map technology, we can offer products to analyze the microbiome associated with gut dysbiosis, which affects the quality of life of many patients around the world and can result in serious health problems.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Announces Abemaciclib neoMONARCH Phase 2 Met Primary Endpoint
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Launches Security-Focused Enterprise of Things Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!