BeiGene (BGNE) Approved by China FDA to Commence BGB-290 Clinical Trials
- Wall Street ends down as Trump focuses on trade
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BeiGene, Ltd. (Nasdaq: BGNE) announced that it has received Clinical Trial Application (CTA) approval from the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) to conduct clinical trials in China with BGB-290, a highly potent and selective PARP inhibitor. China is the third territory in which BGB-290 has received approval to conduct clinical trials, in addition to Australia and the United States. Data from the Phase I proof-of-concept trial of BGB-290 were previously presented at the 2015 AACR-NCI-EORTC conference.
“The CTA approval for BGB-290 represents the third molecule from the BeiGene portfolio to receive regulatory clearance for initiation of clinical trials in China. We look forward to commencing the development of BGB-290 in China, in addition to continuing global development of BGB-290, both as a monotherapy and in combination with BGB-A317, our PD-1 antibody,” said John V. Oyler, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, and Chairman.
“The CTA approval for BGB-290 is supported by the progress that we have made so far in our trials in Australia, which were initiated in July 2014. We believe that BGB-290 is the first PARP inhibitor to be developed in China under the domestic regulatory pathway to enter the clinic globally,” said Wendy Yan, Head of Regulatory Affairs at BeiGene.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chemical Financial (CHFC) Names Jeffrey Tate to Board of Directors
- Xtant Medical Holdings (XTNT) Announces Resignation of CEO Dan Goldberger
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!