Becton Dickinson (BDX) Plans $100M Expansion of Holdrege, Nebraska, Plant
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX) announced it is investing $100 million in its Holdrege, Neb. facility to expand capacity for its insulin syringe manufacturing operations.
The investment will be used for new technology and manufacturing equipment to expand capacity for BD insulin syringes. BD already produces more than 2 billion insulin syringes each year, which averages to be more than 250,000 syringes per hour.
"About 40 percent of people with diabetes who inject insulin use syringes as part of their diabetes management regimen," said Ken Miller, worldwide president of Diabetes Care for BD. "This investment will provide benefits to this diabetes population and underscores our commitment to supply high-quality, industry-leading insulin syringes to patients."
BD began operations in Holdrege in 1966 in a 12,000 square foot building with 66 associates. Today, the facility has grown to 350,000 square feet with more than 650 associates manufacturing 20 different BD products. BD is the largest employer in Phelps County. Across Nebraska, BD employs more than 2,500 associates in four manufacturing facilities in Holdrege, Broken Bow and two in Columbus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!