Becton Dickinson (BDX) Plans $100M Expansion of Holdrege, Nebraska, Plant
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX) announced it is investing $100 million in its Holdrege, Neb. facility to expand capacity for its insulin syringe manufacturing operations.
The investment will be used for new technology and manufacturing equipment to expand capacity for BD insulin syringes. BD already produces more than 2 billion insulin syringes each year, which averages to be more than 250,000 syringes per hour.
"About 40 percent of people with diabetes who inject insulin use syringes as part of their diabetes management regimen," said Ken Miller, worldwide president of Diabetes Care for BD. "This investment will provide benefits to this diabetes population and underscores our commitment to supply high-quality, industry-leading insulin syringes to patients."
BD began operations in Holdrege in 1966 in a 12,000 square foot building with 66 associates. Today, the facility has grown to 350,000 square feet with more than 650 associates manufacturing 20 different BD products. BD is the largest employer in Phelps County. Across Nebraska, BD employs more than 2,500 associates in four manufacturing facilities in Holdrege, Broken Bow and two in Columbus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Heat Biologics (HTBX) Announces Topline Data from HS-110 Phase 1b in NSCLC; Notes Strong OS for Immune Responders
- CTI BioPharma (CTIC) Presents Statistically Significant Data from PERSIST-2 at ASH 2016
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Enters Initial Term Sheet with Acsion Industries for Product Development
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!