Becton Dickinson (BDX) Plans $100M Expansion of Holdrege, Nebraska, Plant
- Wall Street flat as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX) announced it is investing $100 million in its Holdrege, Neb. facility to expand capacity for its insulin syringe manufacturing operations.
The investment will be used for new technology and manufacturing equipment to expand capacity for BD insulin syringes. BD already produces more than 2 billion insulin syringes each year, which averages to be more than 250,000 syringes per hour.
"About 40 percent of people with diabetes who inject insulin use syringes as part of their diabetes management regimen," said Ken Miller, worldwide president of Diabetes Care for BD. "This investment will provide benefits to this diabetes population and underscores our commitment to supply high-quality, industry-leading insulin syringes to patients."
BD began operations in Holdrege in 1966 in a 12,000 square foot building with 66 associates. Today, the facility has grown to 350,000 square feet with more than 650 associates manufacturing 20 different BD products. BD is the largest employer in Phelps County. Across Nebraska, BD employs more than 2,500 associates in four manufacturing facilities in Holdrege, Broken Bow and two in Columbus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Announces Jack Wood and Royce Caldwell to Leave Board of Directors
- Allergan (AGN) Announces FDA Approval Of RHOFADE Cream to Treat Redness Associated with Rosacea
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Names Keith Creel to Succeed as CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!