Becton Dickinson (BDX) Plans $100M Expansion of Holdrege, Nebraska, Plant
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to Acquire Bats Global Markets (BATS) in ~$3.2B Deal
- LANXESS to Acquire Chemtura (CHMT) in ~$2.5B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX) announced it is investing $100 million in its Holdrege, Neb. facility to expand capacity for its insulin syringe manufacturing operations.
The investment will be used for new technology and manufacturing equipment to expand capacity for BD insulin syringes. BD already produces more than 2 billion insulin syringes each year, which averages to be more than 250,000 syringes per hour.
"About 40 percent of people with diabetes who inject insulin use syringes as part of their diabetes management regimen," said Ken Miller, worldwide president of Diabetes Care for BD. "This investment will provide benefits to this diabetes population and underscores our commitment to supply high-quality, industry-leading insulin syringes to patients."
BD began operations in Holdrege in 1966 in a 12,000 square foot building with 66 associates. Today, the facility has grown to 350,000 square feet with more than 650 associates manufacturing 20 different BD products. BD is the largest employer in Phelps County. Across Nebraska, BD employs more than 2,500 associates in four manufacturing facilities in Holdrege, Broken Bow and two in Columbus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Patrick Industries (PATK) Names Jeffrey M. Rodino as Chief Sales Officer; Kip B. Ellis Named Chief Operating Officer
- Medical Properties Trust (MPW) to Make $1.25B Investment in Steward-Operated Hospital Portfolio
- Teck Resources (TCK) Announces Submission of Quebrada Blanca Phase 2 Regulatory Application
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!