Bayer, Astellas, Onyx Pharma (ONXX) Report Negative Outcome in Tarceva Phase 3 Safety, Efficacy Trial
- Market Wrap: GM Unloads Peugeot; lululemon Sags on Thin Outlook; Hilton is Open for Trading
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/12: (CNDO) (TXI) (ADBE) Higher; (APC) (RH) (XOMA) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Microsoft (MSFT) Said to Consider Qualcomm's Steve Mollenkopf for CEO
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ONXX), and Astellas Pharma Inc. report that a Phase 3 trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of the addition of Tarceva (erlotinib) tablets to Nexavar (sorafenib) tablets did not improve overall survival for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) vs. Nexavar alone. The SEARCH (Sorafenib and Erlotinib, a rAndomized tRial protoCol for the treatment of patients with Hepatocellular carcinoma) trial compared Nexavar in combination with Tarceva to Nexavar alone. The safety and tolerability of the treatment combination were generally as expected based upon experience and use of the two products alone and there were no new or unexpected toxicities or changes to the respective product safety profiles observed. Data from this study will be presented at an upcoming scientific meeting. Nexavar is jointly developed by Bayer and Onyx. Tarceva is jointly marketed by Astellas and Genentech, a member of the Roche Group.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: ImmunoCellular (IMUC) Phase II Study Does Not Meet Survival Endpoint
- Endocyte (ECYT) Announces Enrollment of First Patient in SMDC EC1456 Phase 1
- Lpath (LPTN) Pulls From iSONEP Bidding (PFE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!