Bats Global Market (BATS) to Acquire Javelin SEF
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) has announced plans to acquire Javelin SEF, LLC (Javelin), a Swap Execution Facility (SEF).
The deal is intended to accelerate Bats’ plans to offer trading of non-deliverable forwards (NDFs) for the foreign exchange market. Javelin currently offers trade execution for swaps through a combination of an anonymous Limit Order Book and a Request for Quote model.
Dodd Frank provisions mandate that certain market participants trade NDFs on SEFs. The market is regulated by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
“Our acquisition of Javelin underlines our commitment to the FX market and is an acceleration of our FX product rollout plans,” said Chris Concannon, CEO of Bats Global Markets. “The transaction will enable us to broaden the instruments available to trade on Bats Hotspot, adding to the platform’s existing product line-up.”
NDFs are currency contracts that enable investors to hedge against exposure to restricted foreign currencies, like the Brazilian real, Chinese renminbi, and Indian rupee, against freely traded currencies, like the U.S. dollar. At settlement, differences between the NDF price and prevailing spot price are paid out in the freely traded currency.
According to the latest Bank for International Settlements (BIS) triennial survey, total NDF daily turnover was $127bn as of 2014, and accounted for 19% of all forward currency trading globally.
The transaction is pending regulatory approval, at which point Javelin will be integrated into Bats Hotspot. Deal terms will not be disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- MCI Acquisition Brings New Iowa Company, Gravis Apps, To National Political Software And Technology Scene
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!