Barrick Gold (ABX) Says Veladero Mine Operations Have Resumed; Will Continue to Assess Impact
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: ABX) announced the resumption of normal operations at the Veladero mine in Argentina following approval from San Juan provincial authorities.
Operations at the mine were suspended on September 15, a week after falling ice damaged a pipe carrying process solution in the leach pad area, causing some material to leave the leach pad. This material, primarily crushed ore saturated with process solution, was contained on the mine site and returned to the leach pad. Extensive water monitoring in the area has confirmed the incident did not result in any environmental impacts. The company has completed a series of remedial works required by provincial authorities designed to prevent such an incident from reoccurring, including increasing the height of the perimeter berms that surround the leach pad.
As normal operations resume, the company will continue to assess the impact of the temporary suspension on Veladero's production for 2016. However, Barrick continues to expect total gold production for 2016 in the range of 5.0-5.5 million ounces at a cost of sales applicable to gold of $5.2-$5.5 billion and all-in sustaining costs of $750-$790 per ounce.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Moody's Corp. (MCO) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c; Update FY16 EPS Outlook; Offers Litigation Update
- Roche (RHHBY) doesn't expect significant growth in Avastin franchise - Bloomberg
- Sensient Technologies (SXT) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c; Updates FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!