Barnes & Noble (BKS) Names Demos Parneros COO
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) announced that Demos Parneros has been named Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Parneros, whose appointment is effective immediately, will report to Len Riggio, Chairman and CEO of Barnes & Noble. In his new role as COO, he will work closely with Mr. Riggio on all aspects of Company operations including stores, merchandising, e-Commerce, systems and real estate.
Mr. Parneros joins Barnes & Noble from Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS), where he was President, North American Stores & Online. He has 30 years of leadership experience in all aspects of retail management, including operations, human resources, merchandising, e-commerce, marketing and real estate. Mr. Parneros started his career at Staples as General Manager of its first New York City store in 1987. He worked his way up the ranks through multiple management positions, including SVP Mid-Atlantic Operations, President, US Stores, President, US Retail, and President North American Stores & Online, where he was responsible for a team of 50,000 associates, across 1,800 stores, and Staples’ online business.
“We couldn’t be happier to have Demos join Barnes & Noble, given his wealth of experience in specialty retail,” said Len Riggio, Chairman and CEO of Barnes & Noble. “We believe his enviable track record will lend itself well to our priorities to grow our business and to bring value to our shareholders. Demos has been a strong leader throughout his career and we believe he will be successful in adapting to the bookselling industry.”
Mr. Parneros is a graduate of New York University with a Bachelor of Science in Management and Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Program. He is currently a member of Keycorp’s board of directors and member of the board of advisors of Modell’s Sporting Goods. He is married and has 2 children, and currently resides in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Barnes & Noble (BKS) Declares $0.15 Quarterly Dividend; 4.6% Yield
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!