Bank of New York (BK) President to Retire at Year End
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BNY Mellon (NYSE: BK) announced today that Karen B. Peetz, president, has decided to retire from the company at year end.
Peetz, BNY Mellon's first female president, joined the company in 1998 and has played a pivotal role through periods of significant change in the organization, including the successful navigation of post-financial crisis challenges and the adoption of a more strategic, market- and solutions-led approach to client relationship management.
Peetz has been consistently recognized for her contributions to the financial services industry and has today been named #1 on American Banker's "25 Most Powerful Women in Banking" ranking in recognition of her management style, crisis management skills, influence and charitable endeavors.
"Karen's leadership, industry expertise and partnership will be missed by BNY Mellon, and we are extremely thankful for her many contributions during her tenure," said Gerald Hassell, Chairman and CEO of BNY Mellon.
Peetz oversees the company's global client management and regional management, its treasury services business and its regulatory oversight functions. Prior to her appointment as president in January 2013, she led BNY Mellon's former Financial Markets and Treasury Services group, comprised of the alternative investment services, broker-dealer and advisor services, corporate trust, depositary receipts and treasury services businesses.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GATX Corp. (GATX) Adds Ryan Specialty Group's Aigotti as Director
- Morgan Stanley COO Jim Rosenthal to retire at end of year: memo
- Dreyfus Closed-End Funds Declare Distributions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!