Bank of New York (BK) President to Retire at Year End
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BNY Mellon (NYSE: BK) announced today that Karen B. Peetz, president, has decided to retire from the company at year end.
Peetz, BNY Mellon's first female president, joined the company in 1998 and has played a pivotal role through periods of significant change in the organization, including the successful navigation of post-financial crisis challenges and the adoption of a more strategic, market- and solutions-led approach to client relationship management.
Peetz has been consistently recognized for her contributions to the financial services industry and has today been named #1 on American Banker's "25 Most Powerful Women in Banking" ranking in recognition of her management style, crisis management skills, influence and charitable endeavors.
"Karen's leadership, industry expertise and partnership will be missed by BNY Mellon, and we are extremely thankful for her many contributions during her tenure," said Gerald Hassell, Chairman and CEO of BNY Mellon.
Peetz oversees the company's global client management and regional management, its treasury services business and its regulatory oversight functions. Prior to her appointment as president in January 2013, she led BNY Mellon's former Financial Markets and Treasury Services group, comprised of the alternative investment services, broker-dealer and advisor services, corporate trust, depositary receipts and treasury services businesses.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) Enters Strategic Content Services Agreement with Qatar Airways
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!