Banc of California (BANC) Provides Update Regarding Short Sellers' Instablog
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) today announced that Seeking Alpha commented on a previous financial blog post regarding the Company.
At 8:54 a.m. ET, Seeking Alpha admitted, "This item was posted as an instablog, which is not subject to editorial approval." Four minutes later, Seeking Alpha posted an update to the story, acknowledging that a government investigation "showed the shady Jason Galanis fabricated his connections to bank CEO Steven Sugarman's COR Capital."
Additionally, Bloomberg noted relating to allegations contained in the instablog, "An FBI agent said in a separate court filing that some or all of the claims were false."
The Board of Directors of Banc of California will provide additional information as appropriate.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!