Banc of California (BANC) Provides Update Regarding Short Sellers' Instablog
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) today announced that Seeking Alpha commented on a previous financial blog post regarding the Company.
At 8:54 a.m. ET, Seeking Alpha admitted, "This item was posted as an instablog, which is not subject to editorial approval." Four minutes later, Seeking Alpha posted an update to the story, acknowledging that a government investigation "showed the shady Jason Galanis fabricated his connections to bank CEO Steven Sugarman's COR Capital."
Additionally, Bloomberg noted relating to allegations contained in the instablog, "An FBI agent said in a separate court filing that some or all of the claims were false."
The Board of Directors of Banc of California will provide additional information as appropriate.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- TransDigm (TDG) Valeant Comparison 'Nothing New', Tweet Risk Low and Would Use Weakness to Buy - Credit Suisse
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!