Ball Corp. (BLL) to Sell Baltimore Tin Manufacturing Facility in $25M Deal
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL) announced an agreement to sell its specialty tin manufacturing facility in Baltimore, Maryland, to U.S.-based Independent Can Company for approximately $25 million.
The transaction is expected to close during the fourth quarter of 2016 and the proceeds are subject to customary closing adjustments.
"We continue to focus on maximizing value and generating positive EVA® dollars in our core businesses," said Jim Peterson, chief operating officer, food and aerosol packaging. "While parting with dedicated employees is difficult, the Baltimore plant is an ideal complement to ICC's specialty tin can-focused business and this agreement helps Ball to better align with our strategic focus on food and aerosol packaging."
The Baltimore plant employs approximately 50 people and manufactures a diverse range of specialty and custom tinplate cans for a range of applications from cosmetics to promotional items. Ball acquired the plant in 2006 as part of the company's acquisition of U.S. Can Corporation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Nordea chairman says merger with ABN Amro would create 'fine bank'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!