Babcock & Wilcox (BW) Unit Wins $40M Contract for Waste-to-Energy Boiler in Shenzhen, China
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc. (B&W) (NYSE: BW) announced that its Denmark-based subsidiary, Babcock & Wilcox Vølund A/S (B&W Vølund), has been awarded a contract for nearly $40 million to design a waste-to-energy boiler for Shenzhen Energy Environmental Engineering Co. Ltd. in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China.
When complete, the plant will provide a long-term, proven waste management solution for the region while generating clean, renewable energy. Fueled by up to 5,600 tons of municipal waste a day, the plant will be the largest waste-to-energy facility in the world. B&W Vølund will supply equipment, including a DynaGrate® combustion grate system, hydraulics, burners and other boiler components for the 168 megawatt plant. B&W Vølund will also provide construction advisors for the combined heat and power project.
“The demand for reliable and clean renewable energy is growing in China and throughout much of Asia,” said Paul Scavuzzo, senior vice president, B&W Renewable. “We thank Shenzhen Energy for choosing B&W Vølund to provide state-of-the art technology for this plant.”
The circular Shenzhen plant will be built with sustainability in mind and will incorporate rooftop solar panels, a visitor education center and an observation platform into its architectural design. It also represents the first time B&W Vølund has deployed its advanced DynaGrate® technology in China.
The plant is scheduled to begin commercial operation in mid-2019.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Gets CE Mark for Proclaim SCS System Conditional Labeling
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Announces Positive Prelim. Data from ATB200/AT2221 Phase 1/2 as Paradigm Treatment
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!