BIOLASE Technology (BLTI) Completes Waterlase Acquisition with Henry Schein (HSIC)
- Tapering Eve: Part II
- Market Wrap: CPI Flattens in Nov.; Microsoft Undecided on CEO...for Now; Homebuilders Gain Confidence
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/17: (SYNM) (WPCS) (HEI) Higher; (ONTX) (JBL) (PAY) Lower (more...)
- The Apple (AAPL) Halo Back? This Supplier is on Fire Thanks to Strong Apple Demand
- Microsoft (MSFT) Board of Directors Update on CEO Search; Not Expected Until Early 2014
BIOLASE Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLTI), has completed its purchase of 159 Waterlase MD" Turbo laser systems from Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), fewer than the approximately 180 laser systems estimated as outstanding by Schein in February 2012 when the announcement of an agreement was made. The Waterlase MD Turbo, first launched in 2006, has been the most successful hard- and all-tissue laser in the history of dental lasers with approximately 6,500 units sold worldwide. The purchased equipment is expected to be used primarily as a source of parts to service the large installed base of MD Turbo laser systems and for dental schools to promote Waterlase technology even further into the academic world.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. (CTB) Appeal Dismissed
- Vringo (VRNG) Receives Favorable Ruling in Germany Against ZTE Corp.
- Syntroleum (SYNM) Will Be Acquired by Renewable Energy (REGI) in All-Stock Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!