BIOLASE Technology (BLTI) Completes Waterlase Acquisition with Henry Schein (HSIC)
- Top 10 News for 1/20 - 1/23: ECB Plans Stimulus Measures; Netflix Ramps on Results; Icahn, eBay to Forge New Path
- Box, Inc. (BOX) IPO Opens Up 44%
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- McDonald's (MCD) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of $1.26; Comps Fell 0.9%
- Ford Motor (F) Sees One-Time Q4 Charge of $800M on Venezuelan Bolivar Accounting
BIOLASE Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLTI), has completed its purchase of 159 Waterlase MD" Turbo laser systems from Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), fewer than the approximately 180 laser systems estimated as outstanding by Schein in February 2012 when the announcement of an agreement was made. The Waterlase MD Turbo, first launched in 2006, has been the most successful hard- and all-tissue laser in the history of dental lasers with approximately 6,500 units sold worldwide. The purchased equipment is expected to be used primarily as a source of parts to service the large installed base of MD Turbo laser systems and for dental schools to promote Waterlase technology even further into the academic world.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Partners, New Balance to Acquire Rockport from adidas (ADDYY)
- bebe stores (BEBE) Hasn't Found Buyer, Auction Ends - theDeal
- Expedia (EXPE) Acquires Travelocity from Sabre (SABR) for $280M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!