BCE, Inc. (BCE) to Acquire Full Ownership of Q9 Networks
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BCE Inc. (Bell) (TSX: BCE) (NYSE: BCE) today announced that it will acquire all equity it does not already own in Q9 Networks Inc., the Toronto-based data centre operator providing outsourced hosting and other data solutions to Canadian business and government customers.
Q9 was acquired in October 2012 by an investor group comprised of Bell, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners. Bell currently holds a 35.4% stake in Q9 and will acquire the remainder from its fellow investors in a transaction valued at approximately $675 million, including Q9 net debt but excluding Bell's existing ownership interest. The transaction is expected to close before the end of 2016.
The acquisition supports Bell's ability to compete against domestic and international providers in the growing outsourced data services sector. Bell Business Markets and Q9 managed data solutions and interconnected broadband fibre connectivity services are delivered through a network of secure, high-capacity data centres in locations across Canada.
Canada's largest communications company and the nation's leading investor in communication infrastructure and services since 1880, Bell delivers innovative broadband wireless, TV and Internet, home phone, media and other communications services to Canadian consumers and business customers. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca.
The Bell Let's Talk initiative promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns like Bell Let's Talk Day and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research, and workplace programs. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesProvidence Equity Partners, Madison Dearborn Partners, Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!