BB&T Corp. (BBT) Gets Final Approvals in Acquisition of BankAtlantic (BBX) Unit
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c; adj.-Comps Up 5%
- Pope Francis Named TIME's 2013 Person of the Year
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) reports that its application to acquire BankAtlantic, the wholly-owned subsidiary of BankAtlantic Bancorp (NYSE: BBX), was approved by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks also has approved the acquisition. BB&T will complete the acquisition of BankAtlantic today. BankAtlantic branches will be rebranded as BB&T in the fourth quarter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- BBX Capital (BBX) Acquires Hoffman's Chocolates, No Terms
- The Jones Group (JNY) Sees Upside on M&A Chatter
- BRE Properties (BRE) Confirms Exploration of Strategic Options, Bid from Essex Property Trust (ESS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesBB&T Capital Markets, FDIC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!