Axcelis Technologies (ACLS) Receives First Purion VXE Order
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACLS) announced that it has received its first order for the Purion VXE™, a new extended energy range model of Axcelis' industry leading Purion XE™ high energy implanter. The new system delivers the highest energy range in the Purion platform. The customer plans to use the 300mm Purion VXE to support R&D for image sensors in the mobile and IoT markets. The system is scheduled to ship in the fourth quarter.
John Aldeborgh, executive vice president, customer operations, commented, "We're excited about the opportunity to provide this new model of the Purion XE platform to support the burgeoning image sensors and power device markets. The Purion EXE™ and VXE, provide the highest energy levels available in a production implanter, to perform ultra-high energy implants, with extremely precise and deep doping profiles." He added, "The Purion platform's common architecture, along with its industry leading LINAC technology, has allowed Axcelis to rapidly expand the capabilities of our high energy product line to meet the needs of customers' continually advancing technology."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Downgrades Axcelis Technologies (ACLS) to Hold
- UPDATE: Uranium Energy (UEC) Files to Offer 6.7M Common Stock and Warrant Units
- Hortonworks (HDP) Names Raj Verma as COO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!