Avon Products (AVP) to Sell Silpada Business in $100M Deal
- Top 10 News for 8/22 - 8/26: Yellen Hints at Hike; Muddy Waters Picks New Target; Pfizer, Medivation Make it Official
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Wall Street slips in wake of comments by top Fed officials
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
- Icahn Shopped Herbalife (HLF) Stake to Ackman Group
On June 30, 2013, Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE: AVP) entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement to sell its Silpada jewelry business (“Silpada”) to Rhinestone Holdings, Inc. ("Rhinestone") for $85 million, plus an earn-out up to $15 million if Silpada achieves specific earnings targets over two years. Rhinestone is a newly formed entity owned by the founders of Silpada. Earlier this year, the Company disclosed that it was reviewing strategic alternatives for Silpada. As of June 30, 2013, the Company will account for and report Silpada as discontinued operations. The Company expects to record a charge of approximately $80 million pre-tax (approximately $50 million net of tax), reflecting the estimated loss on sale, in the second quarter of 2013. The transaction is expected to close on July 3, 2013. The Company expects that the proceeds from the sale will be used for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of outstanding debt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Tops Q2 Views
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Ferroglobe plc (GSM) to $12; Reiterates Outperform
- Cowen Reiterates Market Perform on Movado Group (MOV)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!