Avon Products (AVP) to Sell Silpada Business in $100M Deal
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Rejected Joint Takeda, TPG Takeover Approach - WSJ
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q1 EPS by 16c; Comps Up 15.2%
- Relypsa (RLYP) Surges Higher After AstraZeneca's ZS-9 Receives CRL from FDA
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
- Oil prices ease from seven-month high to below $49
On June 30, 2013, Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE: AVP) entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement to sell its Silpada jewelry business (“Silpada”) to Rhinestone Holdings, Inc. ("Rhinestone") for $85 million, plus an earn-out up to $15 million if Silpada achieves specific earnings targets over two years. Rhinestone is a newly formed entity owned by the founders of Silpada. Earlier this year, the Company disclosed that it was reviewing strategic alternatives for Silpada. As of June 30, 2013, the Company will account for and report Silpada as discontinued operations. The Company expects to record a charge of approximately $80 million pre-tax (approximately $50 million net of tax), reflecting the estimated loss on sale, in the second quarter of 2013. The transaction is expected to close on July 3, 2013. The Company expects that the proceeds from the sale will be used for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of outstanding debt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c; Comps Rose 3.0%; FY16 EPS Outlook Raised
- GameStop (GME) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, Q2 EPS Guidance Falls Short
- Ballantyne Strong (BTN) Takes Indirect Stake in Kobex Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!