Avon Products (AVP) to Sell Silpada Business in $100M Deal
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
On June 30, 2013, Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE: AVP) entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement to sell its Silpada jewelry business (“Silpada”) to Rhinestone Holdings, Inc. ("Rhinestone") for $85 million, plus an earn-out up to $15 million if Silpada achieves specific earnings targets over two years. Rhinestone is a newly formed entity owned by the founders of Silpada. Earlier this year, the Company disclosed that it was reviewing strategic alternatives for Silpada. As of June 30, 2013, the Company will account for and report Silpada as discontinued operations. The Company expects to record a charge of approximately $80 million pre-tax (approximately $50 million net of tax), reflecting the estimated loss on sale, in the second quarter of 2013. The transaction is expected to close on July 3, 2013. The Company expects that the proceeds from the sale will be used for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of outstanding debt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ANN, Inc. (ANN) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Reiterates Q4 Outlook
- GameStop (GME) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Q4 Guidance Falls Short
- Natural Grocers (NGVC) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS, Offers FY15 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!