Avon Products (AVP) to Sell Silpada Business in $100M Deal
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Thoma Bravo to Acquire Compuware (CPWR) in $2.5B Deal
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
On June 30, 2013, Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE: AVP) entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement to sell its Silpada jewelry business (“Silpada”) to Rhinestone Holdings, Inc. ("Rhinestone") for $85 million, plus an earn-out up to $15 million if Silpada achieves specific earnings targets over two years. Rhinestone is a newly formed entity owned by the founders of Silpada. Earlier this year, the Company disclosed that it was reviewing strategic alternatives for Silpada. As of June 30, 2013, the Company will account for and report Silpada as discontinued operations. The Company expects to record a charge of approximately $80 million pre-tax (approximately $50 million net of tax), reflecting the estimated loss on sale, in the second quarter of 2013. The transaction is expected to close on July 3, 2013. The Company expects that the proceeds from the sale will be used for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of outstanding debt.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Paragon Shipping Inc. (PRGN) Posts Q2 Loss of 23c/Share; Updates on Financing
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO) Affirms Receipt of Revised $80/Share Bid from Dollar General (DG)
- UPDATE: Box Ships (TEU) Tops Q1 EPS Expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!