Avis Budget Group (CAR) Increases Buyback Plan By $250M
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR) today announced that its Board of Directors has increased the Company’s share repurchase authorization by $250 million, giving the Company $400 million of available repurchase authorization from October 1 going forward.
“Since August 2013, we have repurchased more than $1 billion of our common shares,” said Larry De Shon, Avis Budget Group Chief Executive Officer. “We remain committed to returning a portion of our cash flow to our shareholders through buybacks, while maintaining a prudent capital structure and flexibility to execute on our strategic initiatives.”
Under the stock repurchase program, the Company repurchases shares from time to time in open market transactions, and may also repurchase shares in accelerated stock buyback programs, tender offers, privately negotiated transactions or by other means. Repurchases may also be made under a Rule 10b5-1 plan. The timing and amount of repurchase transactions will be determined by the Company’s management based on its evaluation of market conditions, share price, legal requirements and other factors. The program may be suspended, modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Nova Lifestyle (NVFY), Future World Lifestyle Enter Business Partnership
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!