Avis Budget Group (CAR) Increases Buyback Plan By $250M
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR) today announced that its Board of Directors has increased the Company’s share repurchase authorization by $250 million, giving the Company $400 million of available repurchase authorization from October 1 going forward.
“Since August 2013, we have repurchased more than $1 billion of our common shares,” said Larry De Shon, Avis Budget Group Chief Executive Officer. “We remain committed to returning a portion of our cash flow to our shareholders through buybacks, while maintaining a prudent capital structure and flexibility to execute on our strategic initiatives.”
Under the stock repurchase program, the Company repurchases shares from time to time in open market transactions, and may also repurchase shares in accelerated stock buyback programs, tender offers, privately negotiated transactions or by other means. Repurchases may also be made under a Rule 10b5-1 plan. The timing and amount of repurchase transactions will be determined by the Company’s management based on its evaluation of market conditions, share price, legal requirements and other factors. The program may be suspended, modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corning (GLW) Approves New $4B Stock Buyback Program
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF) Board Approves Plan to Distribute Black Knight Financial (BKFS) Shares
- Gores Group Unit to Acquire Triumph Group's (TGI) TAR Business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!