Avis Budget Group (CAR), Didi Chuxing ENter Strategic Transportation Platform Partnership
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Avis Budget Group (Nasdaq: CAR) has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Didi Chuxing, the world’s largest mobile transportation platform, to provide Didi Chuxing’s over 300 million registered users with access to Avis Car Rental and Budget Car Rental vehicles when traveling in approximately 175 countries.
Through this strategic partnership, Avis Budget Group and Didi Chuxing will coordinate product, technology and local marketing resources, to provide Didi Chuxing’s registered users traveling outbound from China with easy and convenient car rental service — right from Didi Chuxing’s mobile application. Registered users will be able to book Avis and Budget rentals at airports and neighborhood locations around the globe.
FU Qiang, Senior Vice President of Didi Chuxing and General Manager for Didi Car Rental, said, “Internationalization is a clear mission for DiDi. The partnership with Avis Budget is a key step in DiDi’s broader initiative to go global as we continue to explore the frontier of innovation with our growing data capacities. Together, we will provide quality local travel experiences across the world for China’s fast-expanding outbound traveler community. We also look forward to building a more connected global mobility network that builds greater momentum for growth on a spirit of openness and sharing.”
“Like Avis Budget Group, Didi Chuxing is committed to providing its customers with innovative solutions to make travel as stress-free as possible. This is even more valuable when traveling internationally,” said Mark Servodidio, President, International, Avis Budget Group. “This strategic alliance gives us the opportunity to demonstrate Avis’ world-renowned premium service and the great value of Budget to Didi Chuxing’s substantial user base.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Announces Encouraging Interim Data from PB272 Phase 2 Control Trial in HER2+ Breast Cancer
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Launches Security-Focused Enterprise of Things Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!