Avinger (AVGR) Enters Lumivascular Tech Agreement with VA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGR), a developer of innovative treatments for peripheral artery disease (PAD), today announced the company has received an FSS Contract Award from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) which establishes terms under which VA hospitals across the country may acquire Avinger’s portfolio of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) image-guided catheters for their veterans hospitals.
VA operates the nation's largest integrated health care system, with more than 1,700 hospitals, clinics, community living centers, domiciliaries, readjustment counseling centers, and other facilities.
“We’re thrilled that our Lumivascular technologies will now be available to the men and women who have served our country through this agreement with VA,” said Jeff Soinski, president and CEO of Avinger.
“I am happy to see this agreement come to fruition, as most of my medicine and cardiology training has been at VA hospitals,” said Avinger founder and executive chairman John B. Simpson, PhD, MD. “The men and women of VA deserve the best. In my humble opinion, Avinger has that to offer.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!