Avinger (AVGR) Enters Lumivascular Tech Agreement with VA
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGR), a developer of innovative treatments for peripheral artery disease (PAD), today announced the company has received an FSS Contract Award from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) which establishes terms under which VA hospitals across the country may acquire Avinger’s portfolio of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) image-guided catheters for their veterans hospitals.
VA operates the nation's largest integrated health care system, with more than 1,700 hospitals, clinics, community living centers, domiciliaries, readjustment counseling centers, and other facilities.
“We’re thrilled that our Lumivascular technologies will now be available to the men and women who have served our country through this agreement with VA,” said Jeff Soinski, president and CEO of Avinger.
“I am happy to see this agreement come to fruition, as most of my medicine and cardiology training has been at VA hospitals,” said Avinger founder and executive chairman John B. Simpson, PhD, MD. “The men and women of VA deserve the best. In my humble opinion, Avinger has that to offer.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- General Motors (GM) confirms $1M SEC Ignition Switch Settlement
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Issues Statement on CFPB Complaint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!