Avid Technology (AVID) Enters Licensing Agreement with Nexidia for Media, Entertainment Rights
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) announced it has completed another significant development for the MediaCentral Platform by exclusively licensing the rights to develop and commercialize Emmy Award-winning media and entertainment technologies and solutions from Nexidia, a leading developer of dialogue and audio analysis products. The addition of Nexidia solutions will complement the MediaCentral Platform, and allow Avid to further deliver on its commitment to give media and entertainment professionals more content creation and distribution workflows with greater choice, flexibility, and operational efficiency, a key tenet of Avid Everywhere™.
Avid will integrate Nexidia’s groundbreaking and Emmy award winning media and entertainment products, like Dialogue Search and Illuminate with Comply, QC, and Align modules into the MediaCentral Platform, infusing MediaCentral with new and unique content discovery capabilities, and expanded quality assurance, reporting and content repair capabilities. Media and entertainment professionals worldwide rely on these products to help automate content creation and distribution workflows, giving them more time for creative freedom.
Avid can now license Nexidia’s unique phonetic indexing technology, Search Grid, to other developers of professional media applications, and will continue to support the integration of Nexidia products and technologies with third-party solutions, underscoring Avid’s commitment to openness.
“We are thrilled to offer the Nexidia media products to the media and entertainment industries,” said Louis Hernandez, Jr., Chairman, President, and CEO of Avid. “The addition of Nexidia’s products to the MediaCentral Platform demonstrates our commitment to giving customers greater choices and new levels of creativity and efficiency.”
The combination of Avid and Nexidia solutions is expected to deliver a number of significant benefits for customers, including:
- Higher quality content – Content creators can more easily find all relevant source material, ensuring they’re using the best material available
- Lower production costs – Computer algorithms help automate the tagging of content libraries for future discovery, eliminating the need to painstakingly organize raw materials and align takes to scripts
- Increased monetization of content libraries – Unique content processing tools automatically check whether finished programs contain the right language audio tracks, audio descriptions, and captions, eliminating expensive manual quality checks, content repair and rework.
The following Nexidia products are now available as Avid products and can be purchased from Avid:
- Avid Dialogue Search
- Avid Illuminate
- Avid Comply
- Avid QC
- Avid Align
- Avid Search Grid
An update regarding Avid’s ScriptSync® and PhraseFind™ options for Media Composer® will be announced in early December 2016.
Complete integration of these products and technologies into the MediaCentral platform is planned for release in 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corbus Pharma (CRBP) Receives UE Orphan Designation for JBT-101 for Treatment of Systemic Sclerosis
- Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) Announces Phase 3 Trial of MDX in Adults with ADHD Missed Primary Endpoint
- Digital Ally (DGLY) 'disappointed' in Kansas U.S. District Court TASER (TASR) Case Dismissal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!