Avara to Acquire AstraZeneca's (AZN) Avlon, England-Located Manufacturing Facility
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Avara Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. announced that they have entered into an agreement under which Avara will acquire AstraZeneca's (NYSE: AZN) manufacturing facility located in Avlon, Avonmouth, England.
Under the terms of the agreement, about 210 Avlon employees will remain employed at the site, and the plant will continue to manufacture critical AstraZeneca pharmaceutical products on a contract basis. AstraZeneca will continue to source a stable supply of high-quality products from the facility under the new ownership of Avara following the acquisition.
"We are excited to have the Avlon organization join the Avara team and to add this significant capability to the Avara Company," said Tim Tyson, Chairman and CEO of Avara. Tyson added, "We are honored to have the strategic partnership with AstraZeneca and to manufacture key products for them. We are excited to be able to transition this AstraZeneca center of technical excellence to a worldwide pharmaceutical services center of excellence. This exceptional facility will be the fifth site in our global network with other facilities in the US, Puerto Rico, Ireland and now the UK.
"We thank the AstraZeneca employees in Avlon for their dedication, and we wish them well as they transition to Avara" said Marc Jones, EVP Supply, EMEA, at AstraZeneca. "We have confidence that Avara is the right company to oversee the continuing supply of the AstraZeneca products that are made at the facility, as well as to build a long term sustainable future for the site. We look forward to partnering with Avara as the new owner of the site to ensure the continuous supply of our products for the patients who need them."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!