Audentes Therapeutics (BOLD) Enrolls First Patient in INCEPTUS Study of XLMTM
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Audentes Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOLD), a biotechnology company focused on developing and commercializing gene therapy products for patients living with serious, life-threatening rare diseases, today reported that the first patient has been enrolled in INCEPTUS, a prospective study designed to characterize the disease presentation in children living with X-Linked Myotubular Myopathy (XLMTM). The study is evaluating subjects prior to potential enrollment in ASPIRO, the planned Phase 1/2 clinical study intended to evaluate the safety and preliminary efficacy of AT132, the Audentes product candidate for treatment of XLMTM.
"The initiation of enrollment for INCEPTUS is an important first step in the clinical development of AT132 for the treatment of XLMTM and a notable milestone for Audentes," stated Dr. Suyash Prasad, Audentes Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer. "The burden of the disease of XLMTM to children and families is considerable, and we are grateful to those who have agreed to participate in the study," concluded Dr. Prasad.
INCEPTUS is an international study of boys with XLMTM, ages three years or younger, designed to characterize their individual disease presentation, with a specific focus on respiratory measurements and assessment of muscle strength and function. Patients enrolled in INCEPTUS will be evaluated over a three to twelve-month period prior to their potential participation in ASPIRO. INCEPTUS is designed to serve as a longitudinal baseline and within-patient control for subjects who enroll in the ASPIRO study, while also facilitating the operational aspects of ASPIRO once initiated.
Audentes plans to file investigational new drug applications for AT132 with North American and European regulatory authorities in the first quarter of 2017. The company expects preliminary data from the ASPIRO study in the fourth quarter of 2017.
For additional information on INCEPTUS, please visit www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
- Vascular Solutions' (VASC) Fluent Inflation Device Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!