AtriCure's (ATRC) cryoICE Platform Approved in Japan
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
AtriCure, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATRC) announced that it has received approval from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) for its cryoICE™ platform and CRYO2 cryoablation probe. The approval marks the first time that these products will be available in the Japanese market.
“We are pleased to have this approval in hand, and to be able to bring our cryoablation products to the Japanese market,” said Mike Carrel, President and CEO of AtriCure. “This new approval will augment our offerings in the Japanese market and offer a leading solution to cardiac surgeons and the Japanese patients for the treatment of Afib.”
The company’s distributor in Japan, Century Medical Inc. (CMI), worked closely with AtriCure to secure approval. Product will be immediately available for sale as soon as the reimbursement application is completed, which is expected in the fourth quarter.
“Japanese surgeons have been waiting a long time for this moment. We believe many patients will benefit from this technology and look forward to bringing it to market,” said Takahiko Motani, president and CEO of CMI.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces Positive Updated Opdivo Combo Phase 1b Data in NDCLC
- VBL Therapeutics (VBLT) Announces Results from DSMC Review of VB-111 Phase 3 in GBM; No Adverse Events Found
- NeuroDerm (NDRM) Updates on End-of-Phase 2 FDA Meeting; Will Discontinue ND0612H Phase 3, Suspend iNDiGO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!