Atossa Genetics (ATOS) Announces 1-for-15 Reverse Stock Split
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Atossa Genetics Inc. (NASDAQ: ATOS) today announced a reverse split of its common stock at a ratio of 1-for-15, effective August 26, 2016, and that the Company's common stock will begin trading on a split-adjusted basis when the market opens on August 26, 2016. The reverse split was approved by the Company's stockholders at an annual meeting of the stockholders held on May 18, 2016. The Company's common stock will continue to trade on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the trading symbol "ATOS." As a result of the reverse split, each fifteen pre-split shares of common stock outstanding will automatically combine into one new share of common stock without any action on the part of the holders, and the number of outstanding common shares will be reduced from approximately 39.57 million shares to approximately 2.67 million shares. The reverse split will also apply to common stock issuable upon the exercise of the Company's outstanding warrants and stock options.
The Company's transfer agent, VStock Transfer, LLC, which is also acting as the exchange agent for the reverse split, will provide instructions to stockholders regarding the process for exchanging share certificates. No fractional shares will be issued as a result of the reverse split and stockholders who otherwise would be entitled to a fractional share will receive, in lieu of the fraction, a cash payment equal to the approximate value of the fractional share.
Dr. Steve Quay, President and CEO, stated, "The reverse stock split should allow us to satisfy the NASDAQ minimum bid price requirement and should attract new stockholders. We remain highly confident in our business and in the long-term prospects of our Company. Our Phase II study of Fulvestrant administered with our microcatheters is continuing at Columbia with initial data publication planned for December 2016. We are also progressing well with our continued development of oral Endoxifen for breast cancer patients who are refractory to tamoxifen."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Stock Splits
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!