AstraZeneca's (AZN) MedImmune and Allergan Enter Licensing Agreement for MEDI2070 Rights
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) announced the completion of the licensing agreement between MedImmune, its global biologics research and development arm, and Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN), for the global rights to MEDI2070.
MEDI2070 is an IL-23 monoclonal antibody currently in a Phase IIb clinical trial for moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease and ready for Phase II for ulcerative colitis, diseases that sit outside AstraZeneca's three main therapy areas.
AstraZeneca will not retain a significant ongoing interest in MEDI2070. Therefore, income from the transaction will be reported as Other Operating Income in the Company's financial statements, including the upfront payment, which will be booked in the fourth quarter of 2016, and development and sales-related milestones and tiered royalties on potential sales of the medicine.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Cytokinetics (CYTK) Presents Data from VITALITY-ALS at International Symposium
- CNH Industrial N.V. (CNHI) Says it Was Subject of Fabricated Press Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!