AstraZeneca's (AZN) MedImmune and Allergan Enter Licensing Agreement for MEDI2070 Rights
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) announced the completion of the licensing agreement between MedImmune, its global biologics research and development arm, and Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN), for the global rights to MEDI2070.
MEDI2070 is an IL-23 monoclonal antibody currently in a Phase IIb clinical trial for moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease and ready for Phase II for ulcerative colitis, diseases that sit outside AstraZeneca's three main therapy areas.
AstraZeneca will not retain a significant ongoing interest in MEDI2070. Therefore, income from the transaction will be reported as Other Operating Income in the Company's financial statements, including the upfront payment, which will be booked in the fourth quarter of 2016, and development and sales-related milestones and tiered royalties on potential sales of the medicine.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Offers pre-Specificed Subgroup Analysis of FALCON Trial; PFS Seen as Largely Consistent
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Issues Statement on DOJ Charges Versus Former Employees
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!