AstraZeneca (AZN) Says SYMBICORT Shows Similar Safety Profile to Budesonide in Certain Asthma Patient Groups
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/10: (ARIA) (RMBS) (GERN) Higher; (GNK) (EGLE) (PBY) Lower (more...)
- GM (GM) Said to Name Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Names Laurent Potdevin as CEO; Chairman Chip Wilson Resigns
- Street Getting Ahead of Itself on Apple (AAPL) China Mobile Boost - BofA/Merrill Lynch
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) today announced the publication of data demonstrating that SYMBICORT Inhalation Aerosol 320/9 µg twice daily had a safety profile similar to budesonide pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI)* 320 µg twice daily in a 52-week study in African-American patients with moderate-to-severe persistent asthma. The most common adverse events, regardless of study drug relationship, were headache, nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, and viral upper respiratory tract infection. No unexpected patterns of abnormalities were observed in laboratory, electrocardiographic, or Holter monitoring assessments.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cytokinetics (CYTK) Presents Results from CK-2127107 Phase 1 in Healthy Male Volunteers
- Raptor Pharma (RPTP) Submits IND for RP103 as Leigh Syndrome Treatment
- Navidea Biopharma (NAVB) Lymphoseek Granted FDA 'Fast Track' Designation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!