AstraZeneca (AZN) Reports Selumetinib Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in NSCLC (ARRY)
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) announced results from the Phase III SELECT-1 trial of the MEK 1/2 inhibitor, selumetinib, in combination with docetaxel chemotherapy as 2nd-line treatment in patients with KRAS mutation-positive (KRASm) locally-advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Array BioPharma (NASDAQ: ARRY) was informed of these results on Monday, August 8, 2016.
The results showed that the trial did not meet its primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS), and selumetinib did not have a significant effect on overall survival (OS). The adverse event profiles for selumetinib and docetaxel were consistent with those seen previously.
SELECT-1 is an international trial with 510 randomised patients in over 200 centres. Patients received either selumetinib (75mg, orally, twice daily) or placebo in combination with docetaxel (intravenously, 75mg/m2, on day one of every 21-day cycle).
Selumetinib is being explored as a treatment option in registration-enabling studies in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer where the treatment received Orphan Drug Designation, and patients with neurofibromatosis type 1, a genetic disorder that causes tumours to grow along nerve tissue.1
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- BioBlast Pharma (ORPN) Announces Results from PK Study of IV Trehalose; Linearity Noted
- RAIT Financial (RAS) Separates Chairman, CEO Roles; Appoints New Independent Chair
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!