AstraZeneca (AZN) Reports Selumetinib Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in NSCLC (ARRY)
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) announced results from the Phase III SELECT-1 trial of the MEK 1/2 inhibitor, selumetinib, in combination with docetaxel chemotherapy as 2nd-line treatment in patients with KRAS mutation-positive (KRASm) locally-advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Array BioPharma (NASDAQ: ARRY) was informed of these results on Monday, August 8, 2016.
The results showed that the trial did not meet its primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS), and selumetinib did not have a significant effect on overall survival (OS). The adverse event profiles for selumetinib and docetaxel were consistent with those seen previously.
SELECT-1 is an international trial with 510 randomised patients in over 200 centres. Patients received either selumetinib (75mg, orally, twice daily) or placebo in combination with docetaxel (intravenously, 75mg/m2, on day one of every 21-day cycle).
Selumetinib is being explored as a treatment option in registration-enabling studies in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer where the treatment received Orphan Drug Designation, and patients with neurofibromatosis type 1, a genetic disorder that causes tumours to grow along nerve tissue.1
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- AGCO Corp. (AGCO) Enters Development Partnerships with Two Agricultural Tech Companies
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!