AstraZeneca (AZN) Reports Selumetinib Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in NSCLC (ARRY)
- Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- European stocks fall, investors seek safety after Trump address
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) announced results from the Phase III SELECT-1 trial of the MEK 1/2 inhibitor, selumetinib, in combination with docetaxel chemotherapy as 2nd-line treatment in patients with KRAS mutation-positive (KRASm) locally-advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Array BioPharma (NASDAQ: ARRY) was informed of these results on Monday, August 8, 2016.
The results showed that the trial did not meet its primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS), and selumetinib did not have a significant effect on overall survival (OS). The adverse event profiles for selumetinib and docetaxel were consistent with those seen previously.
SELECT-1 is an international trial with 510 randomised patients in over 200 centres. Patients received either selumetinib (75mg, orally, twice daily) or placebo in combination with docetaxel (intravenously, 75mg/m2, on day one of every 21-day cycle).
Selumetinib is being explored as a treatment option in registration-enabling studies in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer where the treatment received Orphan Drug Designation, and patients with neurofibromatosis type 1, a genetic disorder that causes tumours to grow along nerve tissue.1
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals (SNSS) Says SNS-062 IND Application with FDA is Now Active, Continues Progress with Vosaroxin MAA
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals (EGRX) Completes NDA Submission for Ryanodex
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!