Aspen Technology (AZPN) Enters $100M Accelerated Stock Repurchase Program
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Aspen Technology, Inc. (Nadaq: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced that it has entered into an accelerated share repurchase (“ASR”) agreement with J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, as agent for JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association, London Branch (“JPMorgan”) to repurchase $100 million of AspenTech common stock.
Under the terms of the ASR agreement, AspenTech will pay $100 million to JPMorgan and will receive an initial delivery of approximately 1.75 million shares of AspenTech common stock, based on current market prices. The final number of shares to be repurchased will be based on the average of the daily volume-weighted average share price of AspenTech’s common stock during the term of the ASR, minus a discount. The final settlement of the transactions under the new ASR agreement is expected to take place in the second fiscal quarter 2017.
The ASR agreement is being executed as part of a stock repurchase program that was authorized previously by AspenTech’s Board of Directors and had approximately $521 million of funding remaining as of June 30, 2016. The ASR agreement is part of AspenTech’s intended repurchase of $400 million worth of stock during the fiscal year ending June 30, 2017, based on market conditions and business outlook.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan CEO says bank may look to pay special dividend
- Starwood Property Trust (STWD) Prices 17.8M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of ~$394.3M
- Wabco Holdings (WBC) Approves $600M Stock Buyback Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!