Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT) Announces Completion of Palm Desert Hotels Sale
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE: AHT) announced that it has completed its previously-announced sale of the two-hotel portfolio comprised of the 151-room Courtyard Palm Desert and the 130-room Residence Inn Palm Desert for $36 million ($128,000 per key). Both hotels are located in Palm Desert, CA.
On a trailing 12-month basis, the portfolio achieved RevPAR of $92 with occupancy of 74% and Average Daily Rate of $123. The portfolio had an existing debt balance of approximately $24 million that was assumed by the buyer. After debt assumption and transaction costs, the net proceeds were approximately $11 million. With this sale, the Company has now closed on approximately $218 million of sales of its non-core select-service hotels.
"We continue to make progress on the sale of our non-core, select-service hotels," said Monty J. Bennett, Ashford Trust's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "The completion of this portfolio sale brings the total number of assets sold to nine since we announced our select-service sales strategy earlier this year. We will continue to pursue opportunities to divest of our non-core, select-service hotels."
Ashford Hospitality Trust is a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on investing opportunistically in the hospitality industry in upper upscale, full-service hotels.
Follow Chairman and CEO Monty Bennett on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MBennettAshford or @MBennettAshford.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OncoGenex Pharma (OGXI) Announces Strong Survival Data from Apatorsen Phase 2 in MBC
- Rhône Enters Agreement o Acquire Zodiac from Carlyle Group (CG)
- Science Applications Int'l (SAIC) Receives $1.4B DLA Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!