Ascent Solar Technologies (ASTI) Enters $1M Conv. Series J-1 Preferred Stock Private Placement
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. (OTC: ASTI) announced that the Company has entered into a Securities Purchase Agreement ("Agreement") with a new accredited investor ("Investor") for the private placement of $1 million of the Company's newly designated Series J-1 10% Convertible Preferred Stock ("Series J-1 Preferred Stock").
Pursuant to the Agreement, shares of the Series J-1 Preferred Stock, including the amount of any accrued and unpaid dividends thereon, will be convertible at the option of the Investor into common stock at a fixed conversion price of $0.0125 per share. There are no registration rights applicable to the Series J-1 Preferred Stock.
At closing, the Company issued a total of 100 shares of Series J-1 Preferred Stock to the investor in exchange for gross proceeds of $100,000. The Company will issue an additional 900 shares of Series J-1 Preferred Stock in exchange for gross proceeds of $900,000 in six subsequent closings scheduled to occur between November 2016 and February 2017.
"We are pleased to secure yet another investment commitment from a new investor," commented Victor Lee, President and CEO of Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. "The funding will provide us with ongoing working capital needs as we continue to focus on the high value specialty PV market. The new investment reinforces our Investor's belief in Ascent's strategy and the tremendous potential of the Company's unmatched award-winning flexible CIGS solar technology."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!