Arena Pharma (ARNA) Reports Launch of National Belviq Ad Campaign
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARNA) reported that Eisai Inc. has launched a national television advertising campaign for BELVIQ (lorcaserin HCl), an FDA-approved prescription treatment for chronic weight management. The initial advertisement, which illustrates the struggles that many people face with hunger and body weight, will air on Lifetime, Oxygen, AMC and numerous other networks. BELVIQ is presented as a targeted approach to weight loss, that, when combined with diet and increased activity, may help patients lose weight and keep it off.
"Eisai continues to ramp up its sales and marketing initiatives for BELVIQ as planned," said Jack Lief, Arena's President and Chief Executive Officer. "This expanded outreach to consumers is designed to raise awareness about the availability of BELVIQ as a treatment option and encourage a productive dialogue between patients and physicians about the health benefits of weight loss and whether BELVIQ is right for them as part of a chronic weight management program."
The television advertising campaign builds upon the national print advertising campaign Eisai launched in October 2013. The television advertisement is intended to encourage patients to talk to their doctor about BELVIQ, including a free 15-day offer for the treatment, and direct them to visit www.StartBELVIQnow.com or call 800.934.2096 to obtain additional information. Once a patient obtains a prescription for BELVIQ, he or she is eligible for BELIEVE EVERYDAY SUPPORTSM, a customizable online program that provides support and savings for patients.
To view the television advertisement and additional multimedia content associated with this announcement, please click here.
BELVIQ is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adult patients with an initial body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 or greater (obese), or 27 kg/m2 or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related, comorbid condition (e.g., hypertension, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes). It is not known if BELVIQ is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products, and the effect of BELVIQ on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not been established.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roche (RHHBY) Announces Receipt of FDA Approval for cobas MPX Test
- PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) Commences RG7916 Phase 2 in Type 2/3 SMA Patients with Roche, SMAF
- NuStar (NS) Announces Agreement to Acquire Crude Oil and Refined Product Terminal Assets from Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!