Arena Pharma (ARNA), Eisai Receive Paragraph IV Notification Related to Belviq
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Arena Pharma (NASDAQ: ARNA) disclosed the following on Thursday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
We and Eisai Inc. have received a “Paragraph IV certification” notification with respect to patents for BELVIQ® (lorcaserin hydrochloride tablets, 10 mg) listed in the FDA’s Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations, or the Orange Book. The certification was from an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for a proposed generic version of BELVIQ®.
The notification is currently under investigation. In accordance with the Hatch-Waxman Act, we and Eisai have 45 days from the receipt of the notification to file a patent infringement suit against the ANDA filer which would result in the stay of FDA approval of the ANDA under statutory guidelines.
We and Eisai intend to vigorously defend our intellectual property rights. We cannot predict the outcome of any litigation matter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GNC Holdings (GNC) Says It's Pleased with DOJ Agreement
- Shutterfly (SFLY) Adds Two New Directors
- Exclusive: U.S. regulator set to fail Wells Fargo on community lending test - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!