Arena Pharma (ARNA), Eisai Receive Paragraph IV Notification Related to Belviq
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Arena Pharma (NASDAQ: ARNA) disclosed the following on Thursday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
We and Eisai Inc. have received a “Paragraph IV certification” notification with respect to patents for BELVIQ® (lorcaserin hydrochloride tablets, 10 mg) listed in the FDA’s Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations, or the Orange Book. The certification was from an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for a proposed generic version of BELVIQ®.
The notification is currently under investigation. In accordance with the Hatch-Waxman Act, we and Eisai have 45 days from the receipt of the notification to file a patent infringement suit against the ANDA filer which would result in the stay of FDA approval of the ANDA under statutory guidelines.
We and Eisai intend to vigorously defend our intellectual property rights. We cannot predict the outcome of any litigation matter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
- Dermira (DERM) Presents Data from DRM01 Phase 2b Trial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!