Arena Pharma (ARNA), Eisai Receive Paragraph IV Notification Related to Belviq
- Wall Street drops as banks, health stocks weigh
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Arena Pharma (NASDAQ: ARNA) disclosed the following on Thursday:
Item 8.01 Other Events.
We and Eisai Inc. have received a “Paragraph IV certification” notification with respect to patents for BELVIQ® (lorcaserin hydrochloride tablets, 10 mg) listed in the FDA’s Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations, or the Orange Book. The certification was from an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for a proposed generic version of BELVIQ®.
The notification is currently under investigation. In accordance with the Hatch-Waxman Act, we and Eisai have 45 days from the receipt of the notification to file a patent infringement suit against the ANDA filer which would result in the stay of FDA approval of the ANDA under statutory guidelines.
We and Eisai intend to vigorously defend our intellectual property rights. We cannot predict the outcome of any litigation matter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) 'disappointed' in Kansas U.S. District Court TASER (TASR) Case Dismissal
- ParkerVision (PRKR) Says FBR to Advise on Acquisition Strategy
- Christopher & Banks (CBK) Announces Departure of CEO, Trims Q4 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!