Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) to Sell Minority Stake in GrainCorp for A$387M
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) announced that it has entered into an underwriting agreement to sell its 19.9 percent ownership stake in GrainCorp Limited or a total value of about A$387 million.
“As part of our ongoing portfolio management, we carefully considered our equity investment position in GrainCorp and determined that we could better meet our long-term returns objectives by reallocating that capital,” said ADM Chairman and CEO Juan Luciano. “This transaction will allow us to further reduce our invested capital, and it will provide cash that we can redeploy to higher-return investments as we continue to execute our balanced capital-allocation framework.”
The transaction has been executed by way of an underwritten sale to an underwriter. Under the terms of the agreement, ADM will sell all of its 19.9 percent investment in the issued capital in GrainCorp at a price of A$8.53 per share.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Updates on Imaging Components Business Separation; Will Receive ~$200M
- Corning (GLW) Approves New $4B Stock Buyback Program
- Medtronic (MDT), Fitbit (FIT) Partner to Integrate Health and Activity Tracking for Patients With Diabetes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!