Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Acquires Caterina Foods; No Terms
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) announced today that it has purchased the assets of Caterina Foods, a leading toll manufacturer of specialty gluten-free and high-protein pastas.
“ADM is continuing to deliver on our strategy to create shareholder value by expanding our capabilities downstream in the value chain,” said Vince Macciocchi, president of ADM’s WILD Flavors and Specialty Ingredients business. “Caterina is a toll processor for our majority-owned Harvest Innovations, and will be a key part of our growth plans for that important business. The addition of the Caterina business gives us yet another way in which to meet the needs of health-conscious consumers—in this case expanding our ability to produce specialty pastas from legumes and grains other than wheat.”
Caterina produces gluten-free and high-protein pastas in a variety of shapes and sizes from flours made from corn, lentils, peas, rice, quinoa and many other grains and legumes.
“Since we purchased a controlling stake in Harvest Innovations, we have continued to see increased demand for gluten-free and other non-wheat pastas,” Macciocchi continued. “Together, Harvest and Caterina will allow us to streamline our operations while expanding our capabilities in this growth area. We are looking forward to finding new ways to expand and advance the Harvest and Caterina businesses, and working with customers across the country to meet their ingredient needs for health-conscious consumers.”
Caterina Foods, based in Lake Bluff, Illinois, has about 60 employees.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
- Estée Lauder (EL) Enters Agreement to Acquire BECCA Cosmetics
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Declined to Comment on M&A Speculation - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!