Apricus Biosciences (APRI) Reports Vitaros Approval in Argentina to Treat ED
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Apricus Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: APRI), today announced that Argentina has granted Apricus’ commercialization partner, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, market approval for Vitaros®, an on-demand topical cream indicated for the treatment of patients with erectile dysfunction.
This is the twenty-fourth country in which the product has been approved, including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lebanon, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
“We are very pleased that Vitaros has received its first approval in Latin America,” said Richard Pascoe, Chief Executive Officer of Apricus. “This approval, along with the registration filings in Mexico and Columbia, marks an important milestone for Apricus as we seek to build a global Vitaros brand. I want to congratulate our colleagues at Ferring for their efforts in building the Vitaros franchise in major markets throughout Europe and Latin America, and we look forward to Ferring obtaining additional regulatory approvals and driving revenue through additional product launches this year and next.”
Earlier this year, the Company expanded its exclusive Vitaros distribution agreement with Ferring in Latin America to include Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland and certain countries in Asia (previously Sandoz’s territories), the United Kingdom (previously Takeda’s territory) and Korea. Under the terms of the agreement, Apricus has received a total of $4.5 million in upfront payments from Ferring, in addition to a regulatory milestone payment of $1.6 million. Apricus is eligible to receive up to an additional $28 million in regulatory, launch and sales milestones, plus royalties on future net sales.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apricus Biosciences (APRI) Vitaros Approved in Mexico for Erectile Dysfunction
- Allergan (AGN) Announces FDA Approval Of RHOFADE Cream to Treat Redness Associated with Rosacea
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!