Applied Optoelectronics (AAOI) Boosts Q3 Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (Nasdaq: AAOI) announced updated guidance for its third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2016.
Revised Third Quarter 2016 Guidance+
- Revenue in the range of $63.0 million to $65.0 million, above the prior outlook of $56.0 million to $59.0 million. (The Street sees revenue of $58.2 million.)
- Non-GAAP gross margin in the range of 30.5% to 32.0%, the same as the prior outlook of 30.5% to 32.0%.
- Non-GAAP net income in the range from $4.7 million to $5.2 million, above the prior outlook of $2.9 million to $3.8 million.
- Non-GAAP fully diluted earnings per share in the range of $0.26 to $0.29, using a weighted-average fully diluted share count of approximately 18.0 million shares. This is above the prior outlook of $0.16 to $0.21 per share. (The Street sees EPS of $0.19.)
"Customer demand for our market-leading datacenter products has accelerated in the quarter and has outpaced our prior expectations," said Dr. Thompson Lin, Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. founder, president and CEO. “We are increasing our third quarter guidance in order to reflect the increased demand."
(+) Please refer to the note below on forward-looking statements and the risks involved with such statements as well as the note on non-GAAP financial measures. The prior outlook referenced above was provided in the company’s press release on Aug. 4, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- General Electric (GE) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.3% to $.24; 3.1% Yield
- American Airlines (AAL) Nov. Traffic Declines 0.2%, Capacity Up 0.1%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!