AmpliPhi Biosciences (APHB) Granted SME Status by EMA
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AmpliPhi Biosciences Corporation (NYSEMKT: APHB), a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel bacteriophage-based antibacterial therapeutics, today announced that it has been granted Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) designation by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
SME designation was launched by the EMA to promote innovation and the development of new human therapeutics by early and mid-stage healthcare companies. SME status confers certain benefits on its member companies including financial support and incentives, including significantly reduced fees for regulatory procedures, including Scientific Advice, Marketing Authorizations and inspections, and increased incentives for orphan products. SME designation also offers access to administrative and regulatory support; scientific advice and protocol assistance, including guidance on clinical trial publication; and workshops and training sessions. Companies with SME status can apply for early application to the priority medicines (PRIME) scheme, which offers accelerated review times for drugs that truly address unmet medical needs.
“We expect Europe to be a key market for AmpliPhi and our phage-based therapies to treat bacterial infections in patients with unmet medical needs,” said M. Scott Salka, CEO of AmpliPhi. “We intend to take full advantage of the financial, scientific and regulatory benefits offered under the SME program and look forward to our future interactions with the EMA.”
For more information, visit www.ampliphibio.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
- ChemoCentryx (CCXI) Announces Presentation of Data from Ongoing Phase Ib Trial of CCR2 Inhibitor CCX872 at ASCO
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!