AmpliPhi Biosciences (APHB) Granted SME Status by EMA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
AmpliPhi Biosciences Corporation (NYSEMKT: APHB), a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel bacteriophage-based antibacterial therapeutics, today announced that it has been granted Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) designation by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
SME designation was launched by the EMA to promote innovation and the development of new human therapeutics by early and mid-stage healthcare companies. SME status confers certain benefits on its member companies including financial support and incentives, including significantly reduced fees for regulatory procedures, including Scientific Advice, Marketing Authorizations and inspections, and increased incentives for orphan products. SME designation also offers access to administrative and regulatory support; scientific advice and protocol assistance, including guidance on clinical trial publication; and workshops and training sessions. Companies with SME status can apply for early application to the priority medicines (PRIME) scheme, which offers accelerated review times for drugs that truly address unmet medical needs.
“We expect Europe to be a key market for AmpliPhi and our phage-based therapies to treat bacterial infections in patients with unmet medical needs,” said M. Scott Salka, CEO of AmpliPhi. “We intend to take full advantage of the financial, scientific and regulatory benefits offered under the SME program and look forward to our future interactions with the EMA.”
For more information, visit www.ampliphibio.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!