AmpliPhi Biosciences (APHB) Granted SME Status by EMA
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AmpliPhi Biosciences Corporation (NYSEMKT: APHB), a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel bacteriophage-based antibacterial therapeutics, today announced that it has been granted Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) designation by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
SME designation was launched by the EMA to promote innovation and the development of new human therapeutics by early and mid-stage healthcare companies. SME status confers certain benefits on its member companies including financial support and incentives, including significantly reduced fees for regulatory procedures, including Scientific Advice, Marketing Authorizations and inspections, and increased incentives for orphan products. SME designation also offers access to administrative and regulatory support; scientific advice and protocol assistance, including guidance on clinical trial publication; and workshops and training sessions. Companies with SME status can apply for early application to the priority medicines (PRIME) scheme, which offers accelerated review times for drugs that truly address unmet medical needs.
“We expect Europe to be a key market for AmpliPhi and our phage-based therapies to treat bacterial infections in patients with unmet medical needs,” said M. Scott Salka, CEO of AmpliPhi. “We intend to take full advantage of the financial, scientific and regulatory benefits offered under the SME program and look forward to our future interactions with the EMA.”
For more information, visit www.ampliphibio.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB), AbbVie (ABBV) Receive Health Canada Approve for Once-Monthly Zinbryata
- AC Immune SA (ACIU) Partner Genentech Announces Crenezumab Trial Data
- Genomic Health (GHDX) Reports Results from Multiple Oncotype DX Studies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!