Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Says It Met FDA to Seek Guidance on Best Path Forward for Ampion
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced the Company has met with the CBER Division of the FDA to seek guidance on the best path forward to obtain a Biological License for Ampion™ to treat patients suffering from pain caused by severe osteoarthritis of the knee (OAK).
Michael Macaluso, Ampio's CEO noted, "We are grateful to CBER for their thorough review of our data, which referenced over 1800 patients across multiple trials. We appreciate their thoughtful and helpful guidance. CBER's guidance included a number of very good options and as a result, we are continuing discussions. As soon as we have further information we will update our shareholders."
Mr. Macaluso also reported completion of enrollment for AP-011, a Study to Evaluate the Safety of a Single Intra-Articular Injection of Ampion™ for Arthritis of the Basal Thumb Joint. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02762760?term=Ampio&rank=1"The purpose of this initial 'hand' study was to ensure that Ampion™ would be well tolerated (safe) when injected into a small joint at the base of the thumb. OA in the basal thumb joint is common, troublesome, and has limited treatment options. We expect to release further information as soon as all patients have completed the trial."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Announces Abemaciclib neoMONARCH Phase 2 Met Primary Endpoint
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!