Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Announces Publication of Peer-Review Manuscript on Ampion
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced publication of a scientific peer-reviewed manuscript in the journal Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications entitled: "The low molecular weight fraction of commercial human serum albumin induces acetylation of α-tubulin and reduces transcytosis in retinal endothelial cells." http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S0006291X16314759
Dr. David Bar-Or, Ampio's Chief Scientific Officer, explained: "We reported an important positive effect of Ampion™ on stabilization of alpha tubulin (a cytoskeleton protein involved in trafficking molecules inside the cell and important in controlling vascular permeability) in retinal endothelial cells and described the mechanism of action of Ampion™ and a resulting decrease in leakage of fluid through these cells which normally line the interior of blood vessels in the retina. These findings may be important for the treatment of diseases such as Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) and Neovascular (wet) Age-related Macular Degeneration (nAMD) for which treatment options are either invasive or limited."
Michael Macaluso, Ampio's CEO, stated: "We are planning, in consultation with retinologists and the FDA, to explore the therapeutic potential of Ampion™ eye drops as stand-alone treatment, or in conjunction with Optina™ or other anti-VEGF drugs, in treating these deteriorating eyesight conditions as well as exploring the anti-inflammatory properties of these eye drops for treating "dry eye" syndrome. We are preparing our manufacturing facility to produce these eye drops in specialized eyedropper containers for delivery into the eye."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Express (AXP) Elects John Brennan to Board of Directors
- Morgan Stanley (MS), Citi (C) Each Fined ~$3M for False and Misleading Statements About Forex Trading
- LogMeIn (LOGM) and Bioverativ (BIVV) Set to Join S&P MidCap 400; Others to Join S&P SmallCap 600 (VREX) (RH)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!