Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Announces Publication of Peer-Review Manuscript on Ampion
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced publication of a scientific peer-reviewed manuscript in the journal Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications entitled: "The low molecular weight fraction of commercial human serum albumin induces acetylation of α-tubulin and reduces transcytosis in retinal endothelial cells." http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S0006291X16314759
Dr. David Bar-Or, Ampio's Chief Scientific Officer, explained: "We reported an important positive effect of Ampion™ on stabilization of alpha tubulin (a cytoskeleton protein involved in trafficking molecules inside the cell and important in controlling vascular permeability) in retinal endothelial cells and described the mechanism of action of Ampion™ and a resulting decrease in leakage of fluid through these cells which normally line the interior of blood vessels in the retina. These findings may be important for the treatment of diseases such as Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) and Neovascular (wet) Age-related Macular Degeneration (nAMD) for which treatment options are either invasive or limited."
Michael Macaluso, Ampio's CEO, stated: "We are planning, in consultation with retinologists and the FDA, to explore the therapeutic potential of Ampion™ eye drops as stand-alone treatment, or in conjunction with Optina™ or other anti-VEGF drugs, in treating these deteriorating eyesight conditions as well as exploring the anti-inflammatory properties of these eye drops for treating "dry eye" syndrome. We are preparing our manufacturing facility to produce these eye drops in specialized eyedropper containers for delivery into the eye."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Philip Morris (PM) Discloses Formal Probe Related to PM Thailand in 10-Q Filing
- ANI Pharma (ANIP) Launches Benztropine Mesylate Tablets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!