Ampio Pharma (AMPE) Announces Publication of Optina Data
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMPE) announced that a manuscript titled: "Potential Beneficial Effect of Low Dose Danazol in Combination With Renin Angiotensin Inhibitors in Diabetic Macular Edema" was accepted for publication in Acta Ophthalmologica, an international peer-reviewed journal in the field of ophthalmology.
Ampio's CSO, Dr. David Bar-Or, explained "The article, coauthored by Dr. Michael Singer, retinologist at the University of Texas, reports the clinical benefits of Optina™, from a 12-week multi-center, placebo-controlled, double-masked randomized trial which identified a reversal of pathological changes and a synergistic effect with other medication. As previously reported, oral treatment with Optina™ (low-dose danazol) has been shown to be safe and confer significant improvements in visual acuity (VA) and reductions in central retinal thickness (CRT) in patients with diabetic macular edema (DME) when given the optimal dose, in particular for patients on Renin Angiotensin Inhibitors."
Dr. Singer, who previously presented the results of this trial at the World Congress of Ophthalmology and at The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), also presented these findings recently at the 2016 annual meeting of the Retina Society held in San Diego, CA.
The mission of the Retina Society is to reduce worldwide visual disability and blindness by promoting the education and professional interaction of vitreoretinal specialists, providing optimal care for patients with vitreoretinal diseases, and encouraging, through clinical and basic research, the discovery and development of new means to further patient care.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters Pact With Israeli Specialty Services Provider Best Med
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!